Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark!

Bob Nelson bobnelson at mac.com
Mon Jun 14 17:09:49 EDT 2004

Well, I've made substantial progress on my oil-for-food program - converting
web pages to usable tab-delimited fields of information for importing into a
database.  However, I've encountered a (small) problem I haven't been able
to overcome (yet).

I end up with lines that have some sort of return character at the end of
each line.  I tried a simple scripting solution like:

if the last char of line I of tData is cr then
delete last char of line I of tData
end if

And even sampled for an lf or return, but I get nowhere...

What IS that character at the end of each line and how can I kill it?  At
the end of each line the routine should be a tab, and a return.  If I kill
the returns, then I can solve me problem (okay, well I can solve THIS
problem).

Any suggestions of where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

Bob