backgroundPattern

hershbp at verizon.net hershbp at verizon.net
Mon Jun 14 14:13:39 EDT 2004

Thanks,
On Monday, June 14, 2004, at 06:41 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hello hershbp at verizon.net,
>
>> Hi ,
>> How can I know what id# background a certain icon or back groud is ?
>> I'm trying to figure out the mac backgroundpattern is what # ?
>> I did put the backgroundpattern of this stack in the message box it
>> came up 210091.
>> What I want ,
>> if the platfrom is "MacOS" then set the background to "the mac
>> background" else to "nothing".
>> if I put
>> if the platform <> "MacOS" then set the background to none , then it
>> is some kind of black background on the pc platform.
>> Thanks
>
> If i understand you right you want to set the backgroundpattern to
> "the mac pattern" on startup on your
> standalone on the mac and NO pattern on other paltform(s)?
Yes.

> As you already learned the "pattern" is simply an image (it is the
> image id that you provide with the
> "pattern" hanlder...) that is tiled...
Yes.

> And even the "mac background" is in this case an image with the id
> 210091...
Yes.

> HINT: There is no "background" keyword in RR in THIS context!
> You mean "backdrop" or "backgroundpattern" probably...?
Sorry , I meant "backgroundpattern"

> You can use "backpattern" instead of "backgroundpattern", less typing
> ;-)
Good to know.

> So what you might be looking for is this one:
>
> on preopenstack ## or whenever...
>    if the platform = "MacOS" then
>        set the backpattern of this stack to xyz
>       ### the id of the image you want to have as a pattern...
Thats the question , what is this xyz ? I did 210091 this is what came
up writing in the message box " put the backgroundpattern of this
stack, and it didn't come out the "mac os" backgroundpattern
and while pointing on the back ground image it shows  200270 with the
same result.

>    else
>    ## windows or *nix
>       set the backpattern of this stack to none
I did "set to none , and it came out some black striped boxes.