Typing sets vscroll of field to 0

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jun 11 13:18:03 EDT 2004

Howdy,

I have a field which has a vertical scroll bar, the text is locked and
it has focus.  If the field is scrolled down and I start typing on the
keybaord the field receives the keyDown event the field scrolls to the
top (vscroll = 0).  It appears that the field is behaving as if it were
not locked and it is trying to enter text into the field where the
cursor would be (line 1).

I can get around this behavior by trapping the keyDown event and not
passing it but it seems this shouldn't happen.  Is this expected
behavior or should I bugzilla it?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia