retrieving data from a sub-stack?

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jun 10 22:58:51 EDT 2004

>I'm trying to get information from one sub-stack from another. The
>script below is from the sub-stack "productEvals". I want it to
>retrieve data from either the stack "RFP Importer-rich" or "RFP
>Importer-clean". It should involve a lot of going back and forth
>between the "productEvals" stack and one of the "RFP Importer"
>stacks. I can get it to go to the "RFP Importer" stack but I don't
>think it is coming back to the "productEvals" stack. What is the
>best way to get this working?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Rich Lague

Rich, if you want to come back where you left, use push and pop.
However, what you want to achieve can be done without explicitely
going anywhere but using

put fld "abc" of cd "xyz" of stack "otherstackname" into ...

if you need to loop through all cards then use sth like that

repeat with i=1 to the number of cards of stack "otherstackname"
   put fld "abc" of cd i of stack "otherstackname" into ...
end repeat

You get the idea I hope.

Robert Brenstein