Alpha Channel?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 9 23:58:06 EDT 2004

On 6/9/04 7:31 PM, Marty Billingsley wrote:

> <snip Chipp's script to resize an image proportionally>
>
>>Don't forget to
>>
>>set the lockLoc of img "myImage" to true
>>
>>when you're done so it won't 'revert back to it's original size' on
>>openCard.
>

> Why on earth does RR do this?  It drives my students crazy.
> Why do you have to lock the size of an image to keep it the size
> you set it?  Is this a feature or a bug?

I used to wonder the same thing, but I think it's supposed to be a
feature. It allows the image boundaries to automatically adjust to the
content when you change its filename. If you think of an image as a
self-adjusting container rather than a static object, it makes more sense.

On the other hand, I'm not sure why it adjusts itself when you *don't*
change the content. So maybe altering this behavior would be a good
feature request.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com