Can I save stack when called from stub application?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jun 9 22:23:15 EDT 2004

> > on openCard
> >  go to stack URL
> > "http://area51.myofficenetwork.com/FTP/Studio_Review/Scheduler.rev"
> > end openCard
> >
> > I've saved that application as a Standalone app for Mac OS
> X.   It works
> > great.   Now if my "Scheduler.rev" app that gets
> sublaunched off of a server
> > has a
> > button in it that does a:
> >
> > on mouseUp
> >     save this stack
> > end mouseUp
> >
> > Shouldn't that save the Scheduler.rev app with any data that was
> > changed? It's not working for me.

In addition to Scott's suggestion, the other thing you can do is give it a
fileName. You see, when you load a stack into memory (either as a result of
getting a stack from the web, or by cloning a stack), it doesn't have an
actual filepath. In fact, if you amended your button to read:

on mouseUp
  answer the fileName of this stack
end mouseUP

you'd note that you get nothing in your answer box. So to save the stack you
first need to set a file name for it, and THEN save it. Like:

on mouseUp
  set the fileName of this stack to "/Users/kenray/desktop/myStack.rev"
  save this stack
end mouseUp

HTH,

Ken Ray