Grid and Grab . . .

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 16:28:35 EDT 2004

--- Roger Guay <rogerguay at centurytel.net> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Is there a way to have the grid feature work with
> the Grab command?  I
> would like the user to be able to move objects
> constrained to a grid.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Roger

Hi Roger,

As you know from trying, the 'grab' command doesn't
take the grid settings into account, so you could
either enter an enhancement request in Bugzilla ; or
you could roll your own grab command, based on the
following quick-and-dirty example :
--
local sDragging
on mouseDown
  put true into sDragging
end mouseDown
on mouseUp
  put false into sDragging
end mouseUp
on mouseRelease
  put false into sDragging
end mouseRelease
on mouseMove x,y
  ## only react while we're dragging
  if sDragging is not "true" then pass mouseMove
  ## suppose we have a 10x10 grid, recalc x and y
  put (x DIV 10) * 10 into tX
  put (y DIV 10) * 10 into tY
  ## update the location
  set the location of me to tX,tY