Would like to convert some very useful HyperCard stacks

Dale Glaser dglaser at pacific.net
Wed Jun 9 15:01:10 EDT 2004

This is my first post to this list, so sorry if I am asking for
answers that have been posted many times.

I am a HyperCard user who has designed several (for me) extremely
useful web page generator stacks and am now thinking of "upgrading"
to Revolution or SuperCard. I downloaded trials of both and found
that Revolution seemed to do a better job of converting my stack,
even though it doesn't actually work fully. I get error messages and
as a newbie am a bit stuck what to do next.

I am tending to go with Revolution as far as I have played with it,
but I haven't found how to work with the error messages or how to
step through and debug script as I can in HC.

So my first request is just to get some help in how to step through
my scripts in order to try and debug them.

Alternative idea..

The fact is that for now I just want to make my HyperCard stacks work
in an OS X environment and maybe make them cross platform, and don't
want to do much else with Revolution.

So.... another scenario I have thought of is to find other people out
there in the Revolution world who might see these stacks as useful
and want to help me convert them so that they can be used by me and
them and others.

I have a write-up about these HC stacks at:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~dglaser/webtools.html

And you can download copies of my most used stacks, a calendar of
events web page generator, and topic oriented web links page
generator at the same place.

I am not saying these stacks are the greatest thing since apple pie
but I have used them for years to create static pages out of various
kinds of database information.

So I just wondered what you out there think about this idea...? Or
whether anyone was interested in helping me...

Dale
--
http://www.daleglaser.com