Alpha Channel?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jun 9 11:39:19 EDT 2004

Hi Marty,

> I have an Apple Keynote presentation that I'm thinking of recreating in
> Revolution so that I can customize the slide-to-slide timing and do a
> few
> other things that keynote can't do. Can Revolution recognize a graphic
> image
> that has an alpha mask-- to make part of an image transparent? If so,
> then I
> could mimic the cutouts in Keynote.

Yes, sure!

You can use GIF or PNG files in RR.

GIF supports a 1bit mask, PNG an 8bit mask, so PNG will probably be
your choice.

> Also, when you place a graphic image in Revolution is there a way to
> constrain the proportions as you size the image?

Unfortunately the "standard" (?, well at least in most image editing
apps...) (SHIFT-)key
for scaling object proportionaly is not supported in RR.

Instead holding the SHIFT-key when resizing objects will constrain the
object to a
SQUARE object... :-(

Hope that helps...

> Thanks,