Disappointing demo

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 21:23:50 EDT 2004

On 6/8/04 5:50 AM, I wrote:

> 2. While making the standalone settings we noticed white horizontal
> lines across the text when you scroll a field.... I encouraged my
> friend
> to upgrade to Jaguar...

whoops, I miswrote -- he has Jaguar, I meant Panther. Jacque replied
that this is a known issue, fixed in the next release.

> 3. I set the name of the app to "Net App Test", more than once, but it
> kept reverting itself back to "Untitled 1". ...

Monte replied:

> What do you mean it kept reverting itself? Under what circumstances?
>
> Please do investigate further because this is the first report of this
> issue
> and if indeed it is an issue it needs to go into bugzilla so it will
> get
> fixed and you can do bug free demo's ;-)

I am leaving on a trip in the morning so all I had time to do was
retrace my steps a little. If you make a new stack and save it, then
bring up Standalone Settings, change the name, then click the button
for Advanced to select inclusions manually, you will see the name
change back. That was the first time it changed, which I noticed and
changed back.

It's been about thirty minutes now of cascading confusion trying to
reproduce the rest of what I did before, and I found new and different
problems. I made the error stack do its flashing dance twice. Now the
buttons at the top of the Settings window don't work -- you have to
click them twice to get the button to correspond to the panel that's
shown, and the green check marks don't reflect the button settings on
the panel. Sorry but this is making my head hurt and I have to pack.
Maybe this will be somewhat of a lead for you, but it's not clear
enough for me to enter into bugzilla.

Jim Lyons