ANN Props NO2

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jun 8 05:03:08 EDT 2004

Xavier,

See my comments below...

MisterX wrote:

> I dont dare touch RR code. It is quite complicated! The only mod I did
> (so far) is to add menulines to a certain menu that needs it...
>
> As for the frontscript, it only catches the selectedobjectchanged. I just
> added a fix to pass this message (thanks for the frontscript mention!).
> This may fix problem 1)...

Glad to hear you're not modifying the codebase.

> I'll just say that there are two crash prone features in RR, the other one
> being images in HTMLText.

If you can produce a recipe for crashes, please post it to Bugzilla. Or,
post it here and let other try and repeat. Make it as simple as
possible. I use HTMLtext images alot with no problems...so I'm wondering
what it is you do which create crashes...and if there's no workaround?

> Do you plugins use the revselectedobjectchanged or the reveditscript?
> Try it sometime... Try to port the revpluginexample to another stack or
> modify that stack to do your plugin's work... Doesn't take long to see the
> problem...

Nope, I don't use those. For my properties plugin, I set my own
frontscripts and let the user toggle them on and off...same with my
Layout plugin. Most of my plugins don't need to interfere with the IDE,
but do call some of the functions of the IDE (altArchive is one of them).

> Part of that is a joke. Im no borg mind you ;)
>
> BUT
>
> I tried futily for hundreds of hours non-stop to make the
> revselectedobjectchanged and the revscriptedit plug-in features work.
> All I got was crashes, non-working call while the revexample does work
> (which is so frustrating to see) No one could explain that, not RR or the
> list!

I can certainly see how frustrated you must get trying to do the same
thing for 'hundreds of hours' without success. You're a more patient
person than I! (I usually give up way sooner;-)

best of luck,

Chipp