I just want to turn off button hiliting...

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sat Jun 5 00:19:46 EDT 2004

Here's a problem with hiliting I've run into with buttons. I create a
button, set its style to rectangle (or standard) and turn off hiliting
in the object inspector. If I click the button, no problem, it doesn't
hilite. However, if I put this script into the button:

on mousestilldown
   set the loc of me to the mouseloc
end mousestilldown

The button will follow the mouse around BUT it also hilites and stays
hilited. If I test the button in the msg box (put the hilite of btn
"test") it returns false. If I say in the msg box, "set the hilite of
btn "test" to false" I don't see any change.

If I add this mouseup handler:

on mouseup
   set the hilite of me to false
end mouseup

it remains hilited.

However, if I replace it with this mouseup handler:

on mouseup
   set the hilite of me to true
   set the hilite of me to false
end mouseup

Then the hilite is removed.

What I really want to do is just drag the button around with the mouse
without it ever hiliting.

Anybody have an idea why this is happening?

TIA

Regards,

Howard Bornstein