Background app in OSX.3?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 4 19:03:21 EDT 2004

Then Ken Ray wrote:

> Cool... it looks like if you set LSBackgroundOnly (instead of the old
> "NSBGonly") it should work.  Terry, why don't you try it and get back
> to us?

OK, I don't have Panther at home (10.2.8 - but then nothing was working
here either). So I tried setting LSUIelement and 'touching' the
applications folder as suggest by Brian with no effect. However,
LSBackgroundOnly (+ touch) does work on 10.2.8 (things are looking up)
but I won't be able to test on Panther until Monday (NB it didn't work
when I tried it yesterday but then we didn't know about the touch
trick).

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,