Where to store read/write files on multi-user systems

paolo carambola at aliceposta.it
Fri Jun 4 13:31:53 EDT 2004

Referring to MAC OS X I think this is fine:

> Mac OS X
> * User specific preference files (4)-
> /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/MYAPP
> specialFolderPath("pref")
> * Shared files writable by everyone (2 and 3)- /Users/Shared/MYAPP
> specialFolderPath("sdat")

However, you have to set permission accordingly.  As far as I know
there is not a way to set permissions from Revolution when you create a
file....  (right?) .. so you can have  problems to read/write files
created by an other user.

Actually I am facing the same problem.
I wrote an application for MAC OS X and it works only for the
administrator. (I stored data in a folder placed next to the
application file  into the application folder...which is not right).
When I started to plan this project I was not fully aware of this
problem. Be aware MACOS X is multi user.... so also applications
created with revolution must be Multi-user!

ciao Paolo