Applescript compiler error

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jun 2 01:31:46 EDT 2004

It seemed to me that if the original script ran OK in the Script
Editor, it must be something to do with how the scripttorun variable
was assembled. I found two errors which were causing the problem and
when fixed, the script ran perfectly for me.

>    put "return " & quote & "Account already in AppleMail." & return
> after
> scripttorun
>    put "end try" & return after scripttorun
>    put "end tell" & return after scriptorun

Ignoring the line wraps, there needs to be another quote in the first
line above:
put "return " & quote & "Account already in AppleMail." & quote &
return after scripttorun

The last line in the segment I quoted above, the variable name is
missing a "t", so the AppleScript never gets the "end tell" it needs.

Cheers,
Sarah

On 2 Jun 2004, at 2:48 pm, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> I'm having some strange Applescript issues with Revolution, and I need
> some
> help figuring out why it's behaving this way.   I have the below
> script in a
> text field in Revolution.   It's whole purpose is to add a new email
> account to
> AppleMail.   I originally had an Applescript from script-editor and I
> pasted
> it into a text field in Revolution and ran it.   Revolution complained
> that
> Applescript was giving a "compiler error".   I thought perhaps hidden
> characters
> were getting inserted somehow and messing up the Applescript compiler,
> so I
> wrote the below code to piece it together by hand, and I still get a
> compiler
> error.   Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the below script?   If
> you take
> the output and paste it into Script Editor, it'll work just fine.
> There's just
> something about running it in Revolution that Applescript doesn't like.
snip