Brought to you by the letter "P"

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jun 1 16:55:57 EDT 2004

On Monday, May 31, 2004, at 05:37 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> I think what's happening is that the OS is eating the -p switch if
> it's packaged inside a .bat file, but passing it through if I type it
> by hand. Very weird. Anyone have a clue about this mystery? Am I just
> being dense today?

I can only guess.  You might gain info in trying "-p" and /p and in
quoting all args.

Could you have set up an interesting program to run .bat files?  Or in
some other way might the program not be the same as that at the command
prompt?  Since you are using -p and not /p, might you have inserted a
command-line interpreter the emulates another OS?

Revolution does not get the command line args correctly in Windows.  If
you don't use double quote marks or \" and so on, you can find them all
in the first arg.  If you are looking at $1, you might also want to
look at $2 and see if it shows up there in batch files.

Just wild, guesses, Mark.

Dar Scott