Can you make a stack larger than the screen rect under Windows?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jul 31 23:30:06 EDT 2004

On 7/31/04 9:58 PM, "Howard Bornstein" <howard.bornstein at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think Howard was talking about the user interactively resizing the
>> window... this is a Windows limitation AFAIK. You can resize it with
>> script,
>> but just not interactively.
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. So are you confirming
> this limitation? Is this only in Revolution or does this limitation
> exist with other applications? (I just answered my own question--tried
> the same thing with Internet Explorer and it acts the same way: you
> can't make the window larger that the screen rectangle.)

It's a Windows limitation (yes, I'm confirming it). You can see it yourself
by opening Notepad, manually moving it to the upper-left corner of your
screen, then manually resize the lower-right corner of the window to fill
the screen, then drag the title bar so the window is partially offscreen and
attempt to resize the window out again. You'll go a few pixels, but it'll
stop resizing when the window hits the width of the screen.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com