Linux distribution selection?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Jul 31 19:20:05 EDT 2004

Troy,

Lindows is a good option but I prefer a still unknown distro that is
very promissing. They are inspired by the text Paradox of Choice, which
is a very good reading and in my humble opinion (I tried more than 10
distros including bsds...) they are the one I mantain. It's called
Cobind Desktop, it's very clean, it's the most lightweight distro, it's
based on fedora core 2 (aka red hat) and very clean and elegant, It's
aimed at the desktop user, so no terminal arcane guru things... you can
see it at http://www.cobind.org

cheers
andre

On Jul 31, 2004, at 7:21 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:

> I haven't had a Linux machine up and running since RedHat 7.
>
> I'm looking at all the available distributions, and as usual with
> Linux, it can be a little bewildering... but here is what I want...
>
> ¥ Graphical install, package manager and file managers
> ¥ Lightweight and suitable to run on VirtualPC
> ¥ Capable of running Revolution
> ¥ Suited to testing apps, and running test servers
> * No Linux terminal guru requirements
>
> It doesn't have to be a huge OS, in fact, better if it isn't. I don't
> plan to do word processing, spreadsheets, email, video editing or play
> games on it. It would be a Revolution development, and development
> server installation.
>
> Suggestions? Thanks.
> --
> Troy