Linux distribution selection?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Jul 31 18:21:54 EDT 2004

I haven't had a Linux machine up and running since RedHat 7.

I'm looking at all the available distributions, and as usual with
Linux, it can be a little bewildering... but here is what I want...

• Graphical install, package manager and file managers
• Lightweight and suitable to run on VirtualPC
• Capable of running Revolution
• Suited to testing apps, and running test servers
* No Linux terminal guru requirements

It doesn't have to be a huge OS, in fact, better if it isn't. I don't
plan to do word processing, spreadsheets, email, video editing or play
games on it. It would be a Revolution development, and development
server installation.

Suggestions? Thanks.
--
Troy