2.5 cursor change

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jul 31 14:46:11 EDT 2004

On Jul 31, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

>> Personally, I think Mickey should take its bows, and Rev should use
>> something more modern, and "app looking." An alternate selection
>> cursor
>> might be the way to go.
>
> Well, it's obvious you work in the PC world which doesn't
> differentiate by
> cursor changes, but rather 'arms' buttons, but Macs always have, and
> is used
> in browsers for the same reasons. I don't think modernism has anything
> at
> all to do with it, just a difference in HIG's.

Ken,

What apps on the Mac use the hand cursor besides a browser?  I remember
looking at apps on OS X when I started using Revolution because seeing
a hand all of the time seemed foreign to me.  In my (admittedly) small
sampling I didn't come across any.  It seems to me that the arrow
cursor is the accepted method of interacting with apps unless over a
link.  Was the hand something that was used more in OS 9?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com