Rev Web Solutions?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat Jul 31 14:35:43 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I've been looking at all the information I can find thus far
about how to use Rev as a CGI web solution.  I'm finding
bits and pieces of stuff but nothing which really puts it
all together in a simple step by step process.
(I'm assuming that one doesn't exist at this point or I would
have found it.)

The idea is of course to use MySQL and Rev. as the CGI
along with Apache or some other webserver capable of
doing SSL transactions.  In other words, a rather serious
project.

I've looked at Andre Garzia's httpd stack server.  I found
the concept very interesting.  I'm not able to follow his
documentation real well without illustrations etc. I was
very impressed!  I doubt that it will do SSL however.

I looked at the REV CGI introduction, it is a little unclear
on the permissions thing for setting it up on OS X. It obviously
uses the command line terminal unix stuff to create the right
hooks etc.  This appears to work through Apache so that will
solve the SSL problem.  I obviously need some better more
in depth resource to explore this further.

I'm just now getting into the XML tutorial stack which at first
glance looks very good.

Has anyone out there done an extensive website using Rev
and MySQL with Apache?

Any other resources/examples you can recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Rick Harrison