Modplayer

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Sat Jul 31 04:29:17 EDT 2004

Hi Andre,

>are you talking about Mod, S3M and the like?
Exactly. :-) I really wish to have it. I still like making musik with
Soundtrackers. Filesize can´t be beaten and quality of sound is (if you know
how to use Trackers) enormous.

>those nice formats we used in old DOS game programming?

As I read a bit more about it I was amazed that they seem to use the format
with Playstation 2 games still.

>I am looking on how to play them too, a external to Mikmod (or it was=20
>modplayer) should be easy to do, there's libmikmod (or whatever it is=20
>called) that is already made to be embeded in another program, we could=20=

Well there is libMikMod:

http://mikmod.raphnet.net/

available for all plattforms.
And there are still some trackers around for the different systems. So it
would be easy to have kewl music with minimum filesize...

>wrap an external around it... why not give it a try?

<g> That´s my main problem. I have absolutely no idea how to talk C neither
do I own a compiler. That would be over my head definitly. But if I can be
of any help I´m happy to volunteer.

Best,

Malte