Desperately seeking help. iconify. uniconify. close from task bar. answer. ms reportable error?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jul 31 03:12:44 EDT 2004

On Jul 30, 2004, at 11:07 PM, Pat Trendler wrote:

> Rev 2.1.2  win32
>
> I've had a lot of problems with iconify, managed to solve them all
> except
> this one. Spent nearly two very valuable days trying to get round
> this.  I
> need to make sure a user gets a chance to save a substack (saved as a
> separate file) if they minimize and then close the stack from the
> taskbar.
>
> This happens with an empty stack and with just this in the stack
> script.
>
> on iconifystack
> answer "whatever" with  "OK"
> end iconifystack
>
> doesn't matter where the script goes - closestackrequest, uniconify.
> Without answer and I just save and do some other things there's no
> problem -
> but there is if the user didn't want to save the changes they've made.

Pat,

I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly.  From what I understand
you want to ask the user whether they want to save changes before the
app quits but it isn't working when the stack has been iconified?  Are
you not able to trap the the shutdownRequest message and ask the user?
If I'm not understanding this correctly could you provide some more
details?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia