shilling for my feature request [1926]

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jul 30 20:59:20 EDT 2004

On Jul 30, 2004, at 8:08 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> When I first came on this list and tried to see if I could create a
> pull-parser several people here directed me to offset() and regEx
> functions using matchtext(). I did some testing and came up with a few
> working functions that were just a little slower than the textCruncher
> Xtra for Director.

I'm quite familiar with that xtra, and even coming close says that what
you came up with is fast.

> Later this past year someone suggested "split by string." Since this
> is exactly what I was looking for in part of the feature request I
> went along with the idea in this:

For those of us who aren't familiar with the term "pull-parser", I'll
ask some indulgence. Like most of us, I parse a lot of string content,
and I'm familiar with a number of models for parsing XML content, for
instance. But, what specifically is a pull-parser and how does #1926
make it possible / better?
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.