shilling for my feature request [1926]

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jul 30 19:40:36 EDT 2004

On Jul 30, 2004, at 7:24 PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> So I finally figured out how to use bugzilla from the Rev website. So
> what's the policy on requesting people vote for a feature? I mean if
> they wanted to how would they even know the feature request even
> exists? [1926] ?

So far as I know, there isn't an official policy.

I don't think it hurts to make a polite case for your pet bug, and post
the link to the bugzilla page with it. Harping on one probably wouldn't
be met with a lot of enthusiasm, but a "hey folks, I just logged bug
XXXX and here is why. If this matters to you as much as me, please
consider giving it some of your votes!" seems pretty harmless, and it
lets people get involved with minimal effort. Many folks, myself
included, don't lurk around bugzilla doing a 30 second refresh to see
what is going on.

By the way, what's bug 1926 all about?  ;-)
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.