Unable to delete file from user space

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 30 17:24:02 EDT 2004

At 15:11 30/07/2004 -0500, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>On 7/30/04 2:04 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>

>>OK - I think I'm going to go ahead and enter it as a bug. If the RunRev
>>guys decide to just close it "behaving as intended" that'll be OK (I
>>guess), but at least the question will have been raised and considered by them.
>
>I'd suggest setting it as a feature request. It isn't really a bug.

I think that you have the benefit of an "experienced / insider viewpoint",
and I won't be at all surprised if the official response is the same - i.e.
working as intended, deal with it as a feature request.

But from an "outsider" viewpoint - i.e. new-ish user - it sure looks to me
like a bug.

I run an IDE, I load / run an application within it - and when the app does
"something (in this case, tries to quit), it takes me all the way out of
the IDE.  As an experienced user of IDEs/debuggers for various languages,
I'd say nothing that an application being run under the IDE does should
cause the IDE to quit; this is almost like having a badly behaved
application cause the OS to quit (oh - wait a minute - this is Windows :-)

And - perhaps more importantly - I think if a non-runrev-user runs the
Player, and then runs an app from within it, they will have the same reaction.

If the support team turn it from a "bug" to an enhancement, I won't be
surprised or upset - merely a bit concerned about the possible effect on
the new class of potential users.

-- Alex.