Revolution-Quicktime-Channels problem

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 11:31:34 EDT 2004

More...
On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, at 08:05 AM, FMoyer at aol.com wrote:

> For that matter, is there a better way altogether? I would prefer to
> dig into
> the innards of these sound files and grab portions of each as if I were
> copying and pasting material from several text documents. Does anyone
> know how to
> do this? Or am I asking for big trouble by messing around inside sound
> files?
>
> Thanks
> Fred Moyer

I just realized that you might not know how to edit digital tracks with
a sound editor. I assumed that having one you would have its basic
functions down. You can do cut and paste edits you just need to resolve
smooth transitions while doing it. You can work on this by zooming in
on your transition points and using smoothening filters. Also remember
to work on your edits with new versions in new tracks until the new
tracks are better than the cuts that you started with. It's always a
good idea to keep originals of your recordings as backups in case of
any nonrecoverable mistakes.

Mark