Rev player

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Jul 28 03:43:32 EDT 2004

Hi Scott,

> Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:45:15 -0700
> From: Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com>
> Subject: Re: Rev player

>> I can build quick & dirty solutions to get them
>> by while I work out detaills, get rid of bugs, and dress up the SA apps.
>> They use Macs for the workshop production setups and a Sony Vaio for the
>> business front end. It'll be a big advantage to not have to build separate
>> applications every time.
>
> You don't need to do this with a standalone either if the bulk of your
> scripts are stored in a stack that is separate from the standalone engine
> stack.

I see what you mean, and it's certainly another approach, but they could
very easily not be. The point is, there are lots of cases where a developer
might want to quickly write relatively unrelated stacks for a client to
check out, such that they can help in the development process, and still
have some useable stacks.

So, you want the standalone engine stack with another UI stack to launch any
of their little flotilla of stacks. That's the Player.

We can just write quick solutions and email the files without having to
create separate standalones or developing a master UI. That can be done
later, if they need to be tied together for some reason.

Ken N.