Using database linked controls with MySQL

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Jul 27 23:28:32 EDT 2004

On 28 Jul 2004, at 8:23 am, Bill wrote:

> But this time I'm hoping someone knows how to easily format dates in
> the
> manner that MySQL expects them. Dates have to be yyyy-mm-dd.
>
> The format runrev gives me is mm/dd/yy. I could write a complex thing
> that
> would convert it every time but maybe there is a built in format or
> someone
> has a nice conversion function I could use.

It's only the sort of thing you would have written for yourself, but
here are my functions for SQL date conversions:

-- converts a system short date into an SQL format date
-- uses current date if none supplied
--
function SQLDate pDate
   if pDate is empty then put the short system date into pDate

-- reverse function to convert SQL date to short system date
--
function SystemDate pDate
   if pDate is empty then return the short system date

Cheers,
Sarah