load command security holes?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 17:19:10 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, July 27, 2004, at 01:59 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> There's another benefit:  every year employers lose billions in
> employees surfing the Web for non-work-related stuff.  With custom
> tools for Internet-delivered content a la RevNet and MTML employers
> can get info to their employees without also giving them the
> equivalent of a GameBoy.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

I've got one lady telling people that it can't get a computer virus.
Everybody that hears that gets it right away. They are jumping all over
themselves. One person said to wait while I pull over after she heard
the phrase "I've got a browser." This is fun.

Imagine this:
"So, I'm sorry to inform you that from now on the company computers
will be using the SmartSurf Browser to conduct all company wide
communications. Special computers and servers are still set up for our
valued customers. Because of recent security holes we are forced to
take this action. Be happy in your work.

Bob"

What an opportunity to have a plausible reason to dump the current
GameBoy, IE.

Mark