Lock Screen disables Lock Messages (???)

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Jul 27 15:51:44 EDT 2004

Whew, this one took me two days to track down. I'd appreciate it if
someone can confirm this.

Create a stack with one button. In the button put this script:

on mouseup
   lock screen
   growit
   unlock screen
end mouseup

on growit
   lock messages
   -- This causes the resizeStack handler to trigger.
   put the width of this stack into sw
   put the height of this stack into sh
   set the width of this stack to sw+1
   set the height of this stack to sw+1
   unlock messages
end growit

In the stack script put this script:

on resizestack
   put the ticks
end resizestack

Unless I'm mistaken, clicking the button should never cause the ticks
to be sent to the message box. If you comment out Lock Screen, it works
as it should. However, with the Lock Screen command executing, the
ticks are then output, indicating that the lock message command is
ignored.

I'd like to bugzilla this but want to get a confirmation and make sure
I'm not missing something obvious here.

Rev. 2.2.1/OS X 10.3.4

Regards,

Howard Bornstein