HIG urls

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 26 18:57:50 EDT 2004

I just updated the URLs to the most popular Human Interface Guidelines
documents for platforms Rev supports -- you'll find them in the
upper-right of this page:

<http://www.fourthworld.com/resources/>

There are links there to the Windows general UI specs, XP visual design
specs, Mac OS X HIG, Mac Classic HIG, GNOME HIG, and the KDE Style Guide.

Question about Mac HIGs:

While updating my links to Apple's Aqua HIG I came across these two
versions:

Aqua Human Interface Guidelines
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/LegacyTechnologies/Conceptual/AquaHIGuidelines/index.html>

Apple Human Interface Guidelines for OS X
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/index.html>

If Aqua is the name of the UI for OS X, why are there two documents?
They seem to have mostly overlapping content -- any of you know if one
supercedes the other?

For the sake of completeness I've put links to both versions on my
Resources page, but the overlap is so broad that I'm assuming I can
ditch one -- but which one?

Question about Microsoft HIGs:

Are there really no specifications for the spacing of controls in the
Win HIGs, or did I just miss that?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation