Quicktime playback

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Jul 26 13:33:40 EDT 2004

Hi Barry,

> I am new to Revolution and I have a question to ask regarding scripts
> used with Quicktime movies. I have two movies that are the same
> content (both are imported into Rev), but have 2 different audio
> tracks (one in English, the other in German). The user can select
> either one to view. I had some trouble when I scripted the button to
> stop and hide the player of one of the movies when the other language
> movie button is clicked (that other language movie should begin from
> the start and play). At one point, both movies were hidden. Can
> someone suggest a button script, card script or stack script that
> would play the movie when the button is clicked, stop and hide the
> other movie when the other language button is clicked? I would really
> appreciate the help.

You want to show only ONE movie at the same time?
And the user will select with a button if he wants to see the german of
english movie?

Well, in that case put this into the scripts of the "language"
buttons...
And you will only need ONE player-object!

Btn: german

on mouseup
   stop player xyz
   set the filename of player xyz to empy
   set the filename of player xyz to "path to the movie with german
sound"
   start player xyz
   ## optional ;-)
end mouseup

Btn: english

on mouseup
   stop player xyz
   set the filename of player xyz to empy
   set the filename of player xyz to "path to the movie with english
sound"
   start player xyz
   ## optional ;-)
end mouseup

If you have a SINGLE movie with BOTH sound-tracks in it (german and
english)
you could even switch between these tracks by script in Rev :-)

> Thank you!

Bitteschön :-)
You're welcome :-)

> B. Sieber