Send syntax again

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Jul 25 15:29:31 EDT 2004

On Jul 25, 2004, at 3:10 PM, K wrote:

>  I was hoping I could use a array reference in a send to prevent
> wasting a enormous amount of memory.

This would indeed be nice, but wraps back to needing to use a global
array. In a sense, this is an extension of my overall issues with
arrays in Rev. I'd like to be able to pass arrays by reference, and I'd
like for them to be more like actual "lists" rather than the sort of
pseudo-arrays we have now.

While modern systems may have memory to spare, the current usage of
arrays is simply an inefficient memory hog except for the most
lightweight of uses.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.