Public ip address

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Jul 25 02:48:48 EDT 2004

> Dar's solution of opening a UDP socket to a public address should
> always get the IP address of an interface which can reach the
> internet.

Thanks for the tip, Dar and all my apologies to All. It seems i didn't
read the begining of this thread before speaking in the box... The
"Rendez-Vous/ZeroConf" features are probably usables there, too. At
least under MacOS X and Linux (i don't know about Windows), it's a way
to use them to catch the diffrent IP address the computer is binded to.

Le 25 juil. 04, à 03:25, kee nethery a écrit :

> When I need to access servers through a firewall from some remote
> place, the IP address of my machine is typically not the IP address
> the firewall is going to see. The only way to determine my IP address
> is to hit a remote server that tells me what my IP actually is, then I
> enter that into the firewall. It is rarely the IP address that my
> machine is using.
>
> How you determine your IP address depends entirely upon what you are
> planning to do with that information.
>
> Kee Nethery

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris