Public ip address

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Jul 24 18:33:29 EDT 2004

On Jul 24, 2004, at 7:13 PM, Roger Amar wrote:

> I can't find how to get with Revolution the ip address provided by the
> ISP, to avoid the use of http://www.whatismyip  ?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Roger

Roger,

if you're on MacOS X or Unix-like enviroment you can do the arcane
shell thingie:

put "ifconfig | grep 'inet'" into tShellCommand
replace "'" with quote in tShellCommand
get Shell(tShellCommand)

That will give you a nice string with all your network addresses for
both ipv4 and ipv6, also will give you some nice info on broadcast and
netmasks, each line will be an address, like this:

[soapdog:~] andregar% ifconfig | grep "inet"
         inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
         inet6 fe80::1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
         inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
         inet6 fe80::203:93ff:fe6d:12e prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4
         inet 200.99.97.11 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 200.99.97.255
[soapdog:~] andregar%

See, I tested on terminal, so don't mind the prompt. the first and
second lines are related to that Rendevouz thing (I think), the third
is the localhost, the fourth is the localhost too but in ipv6, the
fifith is THE IP FROM THE ISP, and the last is my local network IP for
I have a home network here, just parse it and you have all address you
possibly want!

Hope I helped...

andre

--