2.5 whats new... File format

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jul 24 17:24:48 EDT 2004

Kevin-

Saturday, July 24, 2004, 1:22:11 PM, you wrote:

KM> Lets be really clear here: the note in the read me refers to a change that
KM> will take place but has not yet taken place.  Its precise consequences, if
KM> any, will be clearly published when it actually takes place.  Obviously at
KM> that time I will include a warning in the announcement email, along with any
KM> other important warnings, such as the warning I gave not to use a beta
KM> version on mission critical projects.  Providing a warning in this beta
KM> would be inappropriate as there has been no change to the file format, and
KM> consequently there is no need for concern.

Sorry, Kevin, but that's not REALLY CLEAR yet.

"will take place" is something that has been set in stone. If there is
a file format change that will affect things like the automating of
updates via substacks then we need to know about BEFORE it happens,
not when we need to backtrack to figure out why things are no longer
working.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net