Code for Scrolling the objects in a card

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Sat Jul 24 11:22:04 EDT 2004

On Jul 24, 2004, at 3:24 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2004, at 10:59 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
> wrote:
>
>> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
>> Subject: Re: Code for Scrolling the objects in a card
>> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>>

>> The only limitations I've encountered are documented in Bugzilla #623.
>> In brief, there's no way to interactively create controls inside of
>> groups.
>>

> Richard,
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by "there's no way to interactively
> create controls inside of groups"...I'm pretty sure I'm doing it.  For
> example, the way I create a scrolling group of images is by starting
> with a blank "canvas group", and then copying an image group (one copy
> for each image) into the canvas group.  Each image group is made up of
> fields, buttons and checkboxes.  The code is:
>
>       put "Image Group " & i into newName
>       copy group "Image Group 1" to group "Canvas Group"
>       set the name of it to newName
>
> I've never tried it, but I would guess that "copy control x to group
> y" should also work.
>
> Or did you mean something else?

What you can't do with the current implementation of groups is put your
mouse over the scrolling group and draw a circle.  You can have a
button (as in a toolbar) past a circle in the group and have the user
then move and size it.  But they can not drag a circle interactively in
a group from scratch.

This applies to every other object as well.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto