Question about timeout on Rev DB funcs...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Jul 23 12:09:31 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Let me first explain the scenario. I am home coding in Rev 2.2.1,  my
client is in his office. The mySQL Server is in JaguaPC.Net there in
Canada (at least they sound canucks). The access host is set to allow
conections from everyone with login and pass no matter the host.

Here I am testing the software in 3 machines, 1 mac and 2 win32... they
have win32 machines there. Here everything works. There it fails,
conection fails, like Revdberr: invalid id, or cannot open connection.
Their network is painfully slow, like, if they phoned jaguarPC and
started yelling zeroes and ones, it would be faster. Do the DB funcs
timeout? can I set the timeouts for DB funcs?

They can access outside world... I tried! They were able to access my
HTTPd on port 8080 and 3014... why they would not be able to access
MySQL running on 3014 (or whatever default port is...)

any help would be pretty cool
andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004