Help with database locked. (/tmp/mysql.sock is bad)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Jul 23 10:24:46 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Revolution crashed and now everytime I try to open back my stack, and
it's full of Database Query Stuff, I get a connection error that it
could not connect to database thru socket /tmp/mysql.sock (2). I think
maybe Rev uses a lockfile or the like to manage the connection and that
it's locked now... can someone help me? I did a simple file search and
it didn't find mysql.sock... but Finder is keen on skipping folders
that he feels like it should be dangerous to look into.

if my lockfile assumption is wrong, can someone give me a hint whats
happening? The database is there and the connection parameters are
fine, I tested them with CocoaMySQL and with YourSQL. I was using the
stack fine for days now... I was just bullet proofing the app, it's
supposed to ship first beta to the company in two hours...

any help is really appreciated.

cheers
andre

--