How to use database linked controls

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Fri Jul 23 07:43:01 EDT 2004

Andre:

-- revRecordCountOfQuery(somevariable)
>> how To work it?
>>  ofter running revSetSQLOfQuery "Connect",tSQLStatement to also put the
TOTAL COUNT OF THE subset of the
>> records found in a field.
>>

> Just like me, you're using "undocumented" Database Query Builder
> functions, they changed a little since 2.1. When you say subset, you're
> saying all the query?

YES
> tableNames and want to flush all the results into a field? If this is
> the behaviour you want, then set your field to a table object then in
> the database slip choose what fields to display.
No - just the total number of found records

> I am with 2.5beta and my version is missing the Database Query Builder
> I think, so I advise to stick to 2.2 till 2.5 leave beta stage, at
> least for apps involving DB

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to get another of the undocumented
functions to work. I don't want all the records from a search put in a field
I just want the total found returned and a pointer number returned as the
user goes through them.