Windows gets shorter and shorter and shorter...

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Jul 23 07:25:01 EDT 2004

I finally fixed this in one of my stacks by sticking a 'set the height
of stack "<name>" to <size>' into its preOpenStack handler.  Just be
sure to use the size of the window *before* the menu bar height is
taken off.  The height property in the preOpenStack handler is the
height before taking off the menu bar, and the height in the openStack
handler is the height *after* taking the menu bar off, under
MacOS/MacOS X.  On other platforms, they should match.

I suspect the problem is that the height property is being reduced
between the scripts to accommodate the  menu bar, and is being saved
that way (reduced) for some reason.  Could easily be wrong though,
that's just the first thing that comes to my mind based on the
behavior.

Use the preOpenStack handler, rather than the openStack handler, to
ensure that the window is the correct size on all platforms, otherwise
the bottom gets chopped off on non-Mac platforms if you don't provide
special handling.