Express to Dreamcard

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jul 22 12:30:32 EDT 2004

At 16:58 22/07/2004 +0100, Kevin Miller wrote:

>On 22/7/04 4:05 pm, "Alex Tweedly" <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:
>
> >> Dreamcard is good news for the community as a whole, we're very excited
> >> about the possibilities it opens up.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand properly just exactly what the Player does allow.
> > The Player in the 2.5B1 distribution only allows me to connect to Rev
> > on-line; does that mean I can't send a stack directly to a Player-owner and
> > have them use it ? Can they only get it via Rev online ?
>
>You can send them a stack and run it directly with the Player.  Express used
>to only allow delivery on the same platform it was purchased on, with the
>Player you can deliver to all of them.

Cool !  That's what I hoped for, but the 2.5B1 seemed to be different.

So - how about commission sales ? :-)
Every sale of Dreamcard (or indeed any Rev product) generated directly from
a player distributed by me should trigger a commission payment of 0.1% of
the sale price to me.  Make it virtual commission, payable in Loyalty
Points which can be redeemed against my next update fee.

[ I think I'm joking ... ]

>The problem we were faced with was this:  ....

Very clear explanation of the problem and the reasonableness of the
solution - thanks.
My mistake was to assume that you'd done what most companies do - one price
in UK, one price everywhere else.

If I knew enough about currency trading to have worthwhile suggestions, I'd
ask you to join me in the Bahamas to discuss them :-)

Thanks again, Kevin.
-- Alex.