Rev 2.5b Interface

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Jul 21 22:37:22 EDT 2004

On Jul 22, 2004, at 12:06 AM, Derek Bump wrote:

> 3. Does this make it easier for people to post destructive stacks?  In
> my experience, if I were to download a program from within Revolution,
> I would trust that it won't do anything bad to my computer.  I'm
> worried that Revolution Online allows people to submit Trojan Horses
> with the appearance of a trusted stack.  Is there a filter for a
> posted stack?

oh boy  that means: "All your stacks are belong to us..." paranoia?

not that it cannot be done, but hey, if you type open stack url
"http://www.mySweetVirii.net/theStack.rev" in your message box it will
also be a problem... that is not something new with revOnline, if you
going to execute anything on your computer, you'd better trust the
origin of the source stack. I've never seen a destructive stack, but if
some stupid script kiddie tries something like that, we'll just throw
him out of revOnline.

The point is, it's not like Outlook where you can get viruses without
executing them, were on revolution, stacks execute only if someone
loads them... if you're afraid of that just don't run remote stacks.

cheers

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL