Correct Screen Size

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jul 21 14:05:40 EDT 2004

Tom,

On Jul 21, 2004, at 11:44 AM, Tom Cole wrote:

> I am converting a HyperCard stack to rev and I wanted to go beyond the
> old classic Mac 9-inch screen size. I put a centerme command in the
> openstack script, but I would also like to size the screen
> automatically to a size that is standard these days. I don't know how
> to do that. Is there a good, all-round screen size, and how do I set
> that as a default for my stack?

800 X 600 is safe to assume as a minimum size that 99.9% of users can
display nowadays. More common is 1028 X 764. You can get the size of
the user's screen with the screenRect function and use it to set the
size of your stack window:

set the rect of this stack to the screenRect

But you'll also how to figure out how to resize/reposition controls to
fit into the new size. The Geometry Manager can help in this, but can
be finicky.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University