Frequent corruption of Revolution program?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jul 19 19:32:48 EDT 2004

On 19 Jul 2004, at 12:06 pm, Stephen Paul McNutt wrote:

> I'm having a frequently recurring problem that is fixed by
> reinstalling Revolution 2.2.1.  For reasons I'm not sure of, possibly
> sometimes a script bug, the program I'm building will appear to load
> okay, but when I check the variable watcher, I find that only a half
> dozen or so variables have actually been initialized (none of them my
> own variables and usually ending in the user variable).
That's normal for the Variable Watcher when it isn't running a script.
Try setting a breakpoint in one of your handlers, then you should see
all the variables used by that handler.

>   My program is nonfunctional.  Reinstalling Revolution fixes the
> problem.  It can happen several times a day.  Does anyone know
> anything about this?
It's hard to tell without any more info, but it sounds like one of your
scripts might deleting one of the Rev components. I did this once
accidently using the delete command when setting the default folder had
failed (the folder didn't exist) so instead of deleting my temporary
files, I deleted parts of the Revolution folder instead.

The only corruption of the program I have heard of is when revolution
fails to complete it's startup, getting stuck at the splash screen
where it says "Loading plugins". This is fixed by replacing the "Saves"
folder inside the "Components" folder, but it sounds like you are
getting beyond this stage.

I would check your scripts for any "delete" commands and check very
carefully to make sure what you are deleting.

Cheers,
Sarah