NT cgi

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 19 19:28:25 EDT 2004

On 7/19/04 1:54 PM, Robert Poreda wrote:

> Good day to you all.
>
> In an effort to create a cgi, I've attempted to use the RunRev link
> to http://www.hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/.  The instruction
> appears to be for unix machines and I have to use windows nt 4.0.
> The runrev archives back through Dec03 didn't address the problem.

I'm not familiar with the setup on NT, but the pieces you need to create
should be the same. Place your files in the appropriate folders inside
your installation. (Maybe someone here knows where these go?)

> What I have so far is MS Peer web services installed, pointing to
> Hello.htm as default.  This htm contains a pointer to a subdirectory:
>

> <FORM METHOD="GET" ACTION="C:\Program Files\Revolution
> 2.1.2\CGI\HW3.cgi">, which provides the users browser with a blank
> page.
>
> HW3.cgi contains:
>
> #!revolution <html> <head> <meta http-equiv=Content-Type
> content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"> <title>Hello World</title>
>  </head> <body>

The cgi should be a Transcript script, just like one of the examples in
the tutorial. You need something like this:

#!revolution

on startup
  -- execute Transcript statements here, for example:
  -- etc.
end startup

If you are trying to return an HTML page, then you need to create that
page within the startup script (as above,) or else load it from a text
file on disk. You also need to add a standard header to the return info.
This is covered in the tutorial on my web site. Try copying the "Hello
World" startup script to your cgi file and test that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com