weird behavior

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jul 19 13:14:37 EDT 2004

Recently, "Alex Tweedly"  wrote:

>> I agree that the interaction of closed-ness with the opacity is awkward,
>> but  I cannot consider it a real bug.
>> The improvement would be to add another property that governs open- or
>> closed-ness.
>> And use the opacity for the enclosed regions of the polygon to be filled
>> or not.
>
> I see it as a real bug. If I create a 20-sided opaque polygon, with the
> first point not being duplicated at the end, that produces a filled shape,
> with the last edge not drawn. Then I add a blank line at the other side
> (i.e. between points 10 and 11) of the polygon, and suddenly the last edge
> becomes drawn.  Surely that's a bug ?

This may just be the IDE trying to be helpful (in which case it may be a
bug).   But in any case, you might try checking points via script/answer to
verify point information.  FWIW, I do agree that a "closed-ness" property
seems unnecessary (as long as setting points is not broken).

In addition to Geoff Canyon's amazing asteroids recreation that employs a
single polygon graphic, you might want to take a look at the Tutti3D example
available in our media panel.  Enter the following in your message box and
scroll down to Tutti3D:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/tmpanel.rev"

Regards,

Scott Rossi