Monterey Summit - kudos to Dan and Chipp

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Jul 19 02:15:02 EDT 2004

>Thanks for the kind comments, Richard.
>
>I contemplated a decision to try to get to Malta. For about five
>minutes. Then I found the best air fare I could get even this far in
>advance from where I live is close to $5k. Gulp.
>
>dan

Dan,

I wish you had emailed me about airfare before throwing that outrageous
experience onto the list...I'd hate to have people read that and then
completely
discount coming! Doesn't help the cause very much...I don't think we want
to scare people off the idea by throwing out such lame price search
experiences, do we?

I recently (only several weeks ago) looked up the price for round trip
from Seattle...only $900 USD. That took me about fifteen minutes of
searching online fight web sites.

There are often special prices with Lufthansa from the New York area
that are under $700 USD.

Flights to & from London are advertised at LM19 (which is about $55 USD,
you have to add air port tax to that but even then it is very reasonable).
At that price if you update your Rev license at the special conference
price the airfare is almost free.

If you need an extra day or two at either end of the conference to get
the best airfare price just get in touch - I can get you a room for under
$25 (clean guest house, no food but inexpensive) if given a few weeks notice.

Ciao,
sims