Arrays Ad Nauseam

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 19:33:18 EDT 2004

on Sat, 17 Jul 2004
Rob Cozens wrote:
> One I got started on arrays, I couldn't stop without
> mathematical
> capabilities; so array support in the next update of
> Serendipity
> Library will include arrayMath and matrixMath
> functions, as well as a
> newArray function for building & initializing
> arrays.

JonesLib.mc provides array math too.
Did you check it, Rob?

[snip]

> If anyone is currently doing "array math" using
> standard Transcript
> arrays, I would be interested in seeing how
> arrayMath & matrixMath
> compare in performance.

I've used array math in diverse stacks, but
i suspect that these operations could be still
much faster. I hope that someone helps me to
optimize the array math in these stacks.

<http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/graphics_transformations_01.zip>
Matrices for Scale, rotate, translate and skew 2d
vector polygon graphics.

<http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/Rotater_Manipulator_v1a.zip>
Matrices for Scale, rotate and translate 3d
graphics, represented as vector polygons.

<http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/Eps_Import_V04.zip>
Matrices to calculate the points of a bezier graphic.
This matrix calculation is SLOWEST than the other
two handlers that do the same function... :-((
This matrix could be optimized in some way
to work, at least as fast, as the other two handlers.

> If someone is interested in testing this before the
> next Library
> update, eMail me privately for copies of the
> handlers and a test
> stack.

Message received! :-)

Alejandro